Sharing again my attempts at sustainable living at my new house.
When I brought the house there were six garden beds sloping down the hill just under the kitchen window. These I made zone one with my everyday edible vegies.
The front door also had a garden bed but it had become the home to an enormous rubber tree.
The roots of the rubber tree were a worry so it had to come out. I cut it back over several weeks and a tree scrubber finally dug out all the root system.
A lot of the leaves from the rubber tree were left in the soil and I also added other leaves from my garden along with lime, worm casting liquid, worm castings with manure and finally alfalfa mulch.
The soil is now rich and has become my Zone 2 of edible plants. In the photo above you can see my new plantings which include lavender, natursiums, lemongrass, chamomile, and aloevera.
This is a picture of the side of the house showing the front door garden. You can also see my frangipane tree I brought from the house I was sharing before I moved here.
In the background on the wire fence is my new passion fruit. It is just beginning to spread.
Have yet to do plantings down the fence and at the back of this side of the house.
You can see the building at the bottom of the garden and I am preparing the ground there for privacy plantings including a mango tree.
Again this bed is taking some preparation as was totally overgrown and I can only do so much at a time. Have been adding lime to this clay soil.
My new paintwork is also in this photo. Paint was peeling off the house when I brought it. Painting was done with environmentally friendly paints which I found no more expensive than other paints.