Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Breast Cancer & Sustainable Living

Hormone based cancers such as breast cancer are increasing in this century.

One aspect of this is the increased use of hormone mimicking chemicals.

The wide range of reading I did after my third breast cancer was depressing as it is almost impossible not to be exposed to hormone mimics and live in contemporary society.

These hormone mimics are in pesticides, herbicides, leaching from soft plastics, and present in so many of our contemporary lifestyle items.

The solution I concluded was sustainable living.

Where I had been living was in an apartment where people carelessly used a toxic mixture of chemicals everyday. Pesticides and herbicides were used with abandonment and the whole of the building was washed down with bleach.

I have noticed a great difference in my general health since I have begun living in a home where all items are sustainable and the food I am eating is grown without chemicals.

Having been able to join a community garden is a special bonus as no chemicals are used there and the people all want to discover a new sustainable way to live.

2 comments:

sweetpicklesandchocolate said...

I haven't had to face any medical concerns thus far, knock on wood. I'm glad to know people are sharing what they've learned through adversity.
Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope I'm sharing something to make people happy! It makes me happy to be a part of the blogging community!

Dena

Christy said...

I am glad to know that a change in enviroment can help. Thank you for sharing.