Friday, November 20, 2009

Down Among the Vegies

Some more images of abundance from my community garden.

Another working bee this morning and could not resist taking along my camera.

It has been exciting being involved from the very beginning and seeing the development not only of the gardens but the members understanding of their earth and how it can be worked to produce quality, sustainable organic food.

One of the most exciting things about being a member of a community garden is the sharing of knowledge that allows all to grow flourishing food.

I used to spend about ninety dollars a week buying vegetables but now I have more than I can eat and they are always fresh and produced without chemicals.

With the increasing scarcity of oil and its implications for the food industry community gardens are one solutions

Our garden uses part of a community park. It was established with grants from both our local and state government.

There are so many community spaces that could be used productively in this way.

We can all play a part in healing our planet.



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

fickleinpink said...

a community garden is such a great idea!

Come and visit my place, too if you have the time!
have a great day!

xoxo
~Fickle in Pink

Manang Kim said...

I wish people do have community garden specially those who live in the city.

My World: Bavarian Inn