Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sustainable Flowers

It took forever to remove the rubber tree outside my bedroom.

Leaves from the rubber plants were dug back into the soil.

Lime, compost, diluted worm castings, seaweed emulsion and layers of lucerne mulch were also added.

Below are the results.

My first frangipane flowers,


nasturtiums, lavender, and camomile,


a passion fruit vine about to flower,


It is some time since I have painted but this morning felt inspired by the colors of my garden.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

So beautiful....I am determined to learn to grow something next spring. That's an art I've never learned. Do show us your finished paintings of these specimens!

Thanks for linking to Mi4M :)
cindy

myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

ohh, it's so cold here... it was nice to think "warm" :)
gail