Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hoping Rain Renews ALL My Plants

After a night of heavy rain sunflowers above the sweet potatoes seem so alive.

Photobucket

PhotobucketThe passion fruit vines are powering beneath the frangipane tree.













PhotobucketRaindrops smudge my camera lens but can not resist photographing these frangipane flowers.


Photobucket
PhotobucketThe paw paw trees and avocado tree grow steadily.
















The mulberry tree however causes concern. The leaves are brown and limp. Stalks however are still green so am am hoping the rain will bring new shoots. I really want this tree to be part of my garden.

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Lovely flowers. Happy New years!

Jama said...

Beautiful flowers, especially the sunflower.

Its So Very Cheri said...

I love mulberry trees and I hope it makes it. Call a nursery and ask if you remove all the dying leaves if it will help new sprouts. My thought is the tree isn't putting energy into the dying part and can work on new growth.
Thanks for coming by and I hope you come by often
Cheri

Sonia said...

Oh I love passion fruit vines...I love the fruit too! Pretty pictures...good luck with your trees! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

Stine in Ontario said...

I envy your passionflower vine. I have a hardy version in my unheated sun room but it will never bear fruit, I fear, although it did have lovely flowers last spring.

I hope your mulberry tree makes it. It may have lost its leaves to conserve water. Don't give up on it. The roots may be growing. :)

guild-rez said...

Lovely flower pictures!!
Your tree gives me some concern!!
I have one in my garden and never had any problems.
Love both berries and birds, one mulberry tree fills the bill. This valuable tree brings an abundance of fruit and feathered friends to the garden.