Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Organic Flower Corner

My garden was so bleak when I brought my house six months ago.

Now this is what I look down at from my bedroom window.

Photobucket

And this is now the entrance to my house, lavender, nasturtiums, frangipane, aloe vera, lemongrass and passion fruit.

Photobucket

We have water restrictions so have mulched the area heavily with organic lucerne mulch.

Photobucket

The nasturtiums and lavender seem to thrive in the dry soil but for fruit the passion fruit requires water.

Photobucket

I just love the beauty of these frangipane flowers. They fill me with joy each time I look out my window.

8 comments:

merrilymarylee said...

Oh goodness, I'll bet it smells DIVINE!!!!

Your house is fascinating. I must come back and look through your old posts.

Thanks for finding me. Now I've found you!!

daylily777 said...

You have a beautiful garden!
Merry christmas !
~Myrna

Atticmag said...

Flowers growing always make me feel better when I look at them. Yours are wonderful. Thanks for stopping by and taking our walk. Happy holidays. -- Jane F.

Zuzu said...

Hello!
Discovered your blog via Outdoor Wednesday. Happy to find another soul looking to leave a small footprint. :) Your garden is coming back beautifully!

Wishing you a wonderful day today,
Zuzu

Amber said...

Beautiful flowers!!!
Amber

P.S.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you come and visit me again! :o)

eileeninmd said...

You have a beautiful garden. I love lavender. Great shots of your pretty flowers.

Stine in Ontario said...

How wonderful to see flowers this time of year. Well it's cold and wintry in Canada and nice to see summer in Australia.

ramblingwoods.com said...

Welcome to Nature Notes..You can see that it is as small as Thinking Green. I don't get it, but the few who do participate enjoy it. It was lovely to enjoy this post with my coffee on a grey day...