Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Rain Renews My Sustainable Garden

Finally rain and suddenly my garden is alive again.

Basil, rainbow chard, dwarf beans and rocket tall again.

Kale, beans & lettuce splattered with raindrops.

The ginger plant at the bottom of the garden may survive now.

The grasshoppers have been at the sweet potatoes but at least they aren't wilting any more.

All I can say is a big thank you for a day of rain.


6 comments:

Zuzu said...

Very good news! Nothing like rain to perk everything up again!
Have a good day,
Zuzu

Erik said...

We rely on neem oil mixed with soap, water and a bit of cayenne pepper. It seems to get rid of the "chewers". Or chard and our turnip greens were being almost completely consumed until we found neem. Make certain to use it again after a good rain. It doesn't work as fast as petroleum-based insectisides, but it won't poison you, your family and your environment. :)

Stine in Ontario said...

Finally some rain! The plants look so healthy. And I'm already jealous that you have chard growing. I have to wait for six more months. :)

Marites said...

I have already dreamed of hving our own home garden. This one makes me feel envious:) The earth after the rain feels clean and fresh, isn't it? :)

My world is here.

Lianne said...

i've always wanted to try planting something but i don't think i have a green thumb! i should try though :)

leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

Christi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello. It's always a pleasure to meet another on the great green journey

Your gardens looking great. Can't wait to see what you plant next!