Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Community Garden Patch

My patch at the Community Garden is looking a bit worn after a long summer.

Photobucket

Last night headed down and gave each plant a handful of powdered organic cow manure I had brought at the Organic Markets and then watered it in.

My bean vine has finally gone although still get a handful of beans from my dwarf beans each night. Have planted some new beans at the base of the vine and am watering them each night hoping they will survive the day's heat.

Am gradually dismantling many of the summer plants so can dig the ground and prepare it thoroughly for new seasons crops.

But there are still pockets of joy in the garden and some of these plants will stay for next season.

Photobucket

An eggplant flower,

Photobucket

zucchini flowers,

Photobucket

finally life on my pepper bush.

Another joy and surprise is an okra plant that is becoming progressively larger although its fruits are still quite small.


3 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

I enjoy seeing the garden..I had never heard of this meme..I am afraid that I don't do much myself anymore..lol...Michelle

MyMaracas said...

It's nice to think that there are gardens growing somewhere in the world as we sit here under a blanket of snow.

eileeninmd said...

It is nice to see a garden during our winter months. Nice photos.