Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Sustainable Studio

A recycled door is my table in my sustainable studio.

Photobucket

I had an old style of door stripped of paint,

Photobucket

and then brought the wood back to life using a wonderful oil containing Tung nut oil, pure gum turpentine, citrus oils, eucalyptus oil extracts and refined bees wax.

Photobucket

My studio is the old verandah of my house. The light is perfect and now it is just up to me to start painting again.

I left teaching after my first breast cancer and supported myself by painting till my cancer reoccurred.

My friends are now encouraging me to begin painting again and with my light filled sustainable studio I am hoping inspiration will return.

Photobucket

Here is the view from the studio window through the fly mesh. In the distance you can see the skyline of Surfers Paradise.

4 comments:

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

This table is amazing. I love the old wood look of it. I'd be concerned about getting paint on it, silly me. You did an amazing job.

Amanda said...

Your table is beautiful! I love that you repurposed an old door for it.

nannykim said...

The wood is so beautiful. The ingredients in the oil sound amazing and did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing this. Hope you get on with the painting!

nannykim/spindlecottage at

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/

ramblingwoodsgreen.com said...

I hope you will start painting again as I think have a creative outlet is really good for your health too.. Michelle