Monday, January 25, 2010

Recycled Plants

A friend's house is about to be pulled down and the garden bulldozed. I spent the weekend recycling as many plants as I was able. The heat was over 30 centigrade each day so a dedicated task.

Here are a collection of palms and Spathiphyllums from the house collected in the shade of my garden for replanting once the weather cools.

Photobucket

Planted these red cordylines from the house in a shady spot.

Photobucket

The house had an unusual frangipane tree, flowers a dark, dark pink and the sweetest fragrance. Here cuttings lie in the shade. Need at least a week before planting but these will be longer because of the heat. Cuttings from this tree will be planted in at least five gardens as well as my own.

Photobucket

These `Moses Plants' now add color to the front of my house.

Photobucket

Aloe Vera from the garden planted behind the beginnings of a lavender border, and under the passion fruit vine.

Photobucket

It has been a busy weekend but am grateful for my friend letting me take the plants. Bulldozers will quickly destroy the remaining garden so it has been good to see those plants I could save live on.

6 comments:

Stephanie Lynn said...

My goodness - That look likes heaven to me! You're so lucky to get all those goodies!

Rambling Woods said...

I am sorry that the garden is going to be lost, but how wonderful that you are able to take some of the plants. That is being very green minded..Michelle

Mimi said...

That's right, you are in the summer, aren't you! Beautiful plants you were able to save.

bobbie said...

I'm so glad you were able to save so many plants. I hate to see such things destroyed.

Crafty Green Poet said...

how good to be able to save all these plants! I love frangipani

Twice Remembered said...

How I wish I had a green thumb to take care of such lovely plants! Thanks for sharing!