Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Baking Soda & Breast Cancer?

What does baking soda have to do with breast cancer?

It is a great solution.

Each day we read more and more about the dangers of chemicals in our cleaners and personal items and yet so many of these items can be replaced by this natural alkaline powder.

As a survivor of three separate breast cancers I could not be without my baking soda and it is so inexpensive.

It cleans my showers and benches, with a little white vinegar added it is a great toilet cleanser, and it is a great way to remove smells from shoes and wardrobes.

A small amount in an opened glass jar in the back of your drawer will keep the moisture away and stop mold forming on special items.

As well as being the greatest cleaner it is also tops in the personal department.

No more talcum powder or deodorants for me. I have not found anything more effective to keep away underarm odors than a sprinkling of baking soda.

And baking soda is a great tooth cleaner. I cringe as I read the list of chemicals in friends' toothpastes. My teeth look as clean as their teeth and it all it takes is a good tooth brush, a sprinkling of baking powder on the dampened brush and a thorough brushing followed by a good floss. I rather like the taste as well. If you want peppermint breath go suck a peppermint.

Shared a house for some time last year with friends and was amazed at the medley of chemicals they used each day. They were so influenced by media advertising as to what cleaners and personal items should be like.

I learned the hard way that I needed to find simple and effective solutions to removing chemicals from my life and I really can't recommend anything more than a packet of baking soda in the cleaning cupboard and bathroom.



2 comments:

Alena said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://ovarianpain.net

Rambling Woods said...

I hadn't thought of using baking soda for so many things.. Thank you.. Michelle