Saturday, February 20, 2010

Natural Surfaces For A Sustainable Metamorphosis

I wanted natural surfaces in my new home and I just love the feel of real wood stained with natural finishes.

Here is the kitchen table with a view of trees through the louvre windows. The wooden floor is the real floor and and finished with a non toxic surface. It was covered with lino when I brought my home. Now its honesty is able to skin through.

Photobucket

More natural surfaces, the floor, a wooden chest for a coffee table, macadamia nuts from a local tree in the bowl ready to be cracked and eaten and gardening magazines beside the pot plant.

Photobucket

The studio is calling me to paint again. An old door for the workbench which I had stripped and stained myself with beeswax and natural oils. Love my wooden chair as well, so real to sit on and strong.

Photobucket

The water lily in the painting I grew myself in a former home.

2 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

Just love the look of your table. :)

Allison Shops said...

Love all the natural wood in your home. Just beautiful.

I hope you'll drop by AtticMag this week to tour my home.
Allison