Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sustainable & Green at My Community Garden

Love evenings in my community garden.

Last night was joined by TJ pictured below. The children's plot is beside mine and we have been watching each others vegetables grow.

He shared how his grandfather an Aboriginal had been teaching him to respect and work with the land.

Photobucket

The community compost bins have produced their first batch of compost and each plot was given a bag.

Photobucket

It was digging night for me. Am getting ready for my new plantings. Brought a great bag of organic goodies to dig in. The bag included blood & bone, fish and seaweed nutrients, potash, composted animal manures and a full range of trace elements and minerals. All a lot of digging. I need to be much stronger.

Photobucket

My Okra plant still continues to produce lots of okras.

Photobucket

Could not resist sharing this cheery orange pumpkin I found in another member's patch. No success with my own pumpkins but at least they are growing in the garden.

Photobucket

6 comments:

bobbie said...

Congratulations! Participating in a project like this is super! I'm happy to see the youngster working at it too.

Rambling Woods said...

I love to see a child who takes an interest in a garden. I wish more children were given the opportunity to get their hands dirty..Michelle

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

I think that was a great project, you should have more of this. It makes Australia greener- and thats good. Found a nice homepage you can visit.
http://www.greentimes.com.au/glossary/categories/lifestyle/green-australia.html