Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Monday, March 1, 2010

Saturday Afternoon Community Garden

A cool, cloudy Saturday afternoon brings gardeners and visitors to my local community garden.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here come some more. Nothing like a good garden when the weather is right.

Photobucket

And finally here is my patch. Looks quite empty but there are bean, snow pea and broccoli seeds in the soil, and can hardly wait to see them grow.

It is raining steadily today and I just wished had planted more seeds before the rain.

Photobucket

What you can see already growing are okra, zucchini, yellow squash, strawberries, basil, and marigolds. Also have growing peppers, broccoli, eggplants, tomatoes and some beans. These are remnants of last years crops, but still all productive.

Also have planted some new rainbow chard seedlings which are out of sight in this photo. All in all I have a good variety of food from my garden patch, and already don't know how I ever managed without it.

We have been taught so much about how to renew our soil and the taste of the food from my patch is just so much better than anything I buy at the supermarket.

Find now I just don't want to eat supermarket food. It feels so lacking after this rich, strong food from `REAL' soil.

2 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

It looks beautiful and green... Michelle

SandyCarlson said...

This garden is beautiful. And I can' tell you how nice it is to see you again.