Saturday, March 6, 2010

Simple Window Solution

I love having windows that catch all the sun but I needed a solution for keeping out heat in summer, while maintaining the simple lines of my living area.

Photobucket

Here is my solution, very simple blinds in the same tones as the walls. Can you you see them in the next two photos?

Photobucket

The blinds are definitely here, but the simple line of my living area has been maintained.

Photobucket

Here is one pulled down. Closed the windows and pulled them all down on very hot days and they successfully took the heat from my living areas.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

That is a very good solution. Our front yard and house can get very warm with the direct sun in the summer time and we have blinds that we can use which also help keep the cold air from coming in during the winter...Michelle