Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Saturday, June 26, 2010

No Pesticides, No Bleach, at My House

I sold my apartment by the beach and brought an old house.

This week I was reminded why I did this. I was visiting special friends with a beautiful apartment overlooking the beach. For a moment I had a hankering for what I had but as I walked down the stairwell on the doorway was a notice that reminded me why I moved on.

The notice told residents all apartments were to be sprayed for cockroaches and silverfish the next day and keys were to be left with management if no one would be there.

It brought back how just after I began to grow vegetables on my former apartment's balcony management decided to wash the entire building down with chlorine bleach.

Now in my much loved house I am finally in a place I can make at one with our planet. There are no cockroaches or silverfish thanks to my friendly geckos and the walls remain clean thanks to wind and rain.


I love the land around my home.



and work steadily to create an organic garden,



and renew the soil.



3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Lovely post, your house is pretty. With all your hard work your organic garden will surely reward you with lots of goodies.

www.islamicnet.com said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
read quran

Sue said...

I am right there with you regarding any kind of spraying with any kind of chemical. We have a next-door neighbor who sprays Roundup religiously weekly, even spraying inside his VEGETABLE garden that he feeds to his family. We've tried talking to him about it, but he now refuses to speak to us. We wish he would stop poisoning our planet. Plain and simple.

Happy planning and planting~ Sue