Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Friday, July 30, 2010

Change at the Bottom of My Garden

When I first brought my house the bottom of the garden was so overgrown I didn't even know it had beautiful stone edging.

Below are the first plantings I added to this area.


Here is the same area today. I hope you can see further development. I have tried to include color in my new plantings to give further life to this shaded area which is such a special place on  hot summer afternoons.

The ground behind goes down steeply to a concrete drainage channel so have needed tough plants with shallow roots. My plantings include spathiphyllums, cordylines and bromeliads.





4 comments:

Meredehuit ♥ said...

Love the before and after. Isn't it fun to see change in our gardens. That's the payday for our hard work. Great job!

Suzy said...

I love to see "then" and "now" pics of just about anything, but especially in the garden! Good job in transforming that corner of your yard.

Busy as a Bee in Paris said...

gorgeous garden! it even looks tropical in comparison with the before! i love to garden too, but am just learning...

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

The color in your garden looks gorgeous! The before and after really tells the tale.