Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Community Garden One Year Birthday - Christmas in July

Christmas in July was celebrated at my local community garden with `Christmas in July' and what is Christmas without Santa and lots of gifts,


Santa's helpers,

and a Christmas Song,


and of course a good hotdog.


The local counsel supplied 90 native trees to be given away free.

The tree I took home is a grevillea. The people from this area used to shake the grevillea flowers about in water to make cordial. Look forward to trying this out when I get my first flowers.



12 comments:

puttingupwithme said...

That's so wonderful! Congratulations!

BraCom (Bram) said...

Nice series, Christmas now :-)))

Enjoy your week,

Bram

Seen on My World Tuesday

Jackie said...

What a fabulous day it must have been, congrats to you all.

J Bar said...

And it still doesn't seem cold enough on the Gold Coast for the traditional northern hemisphere's Christmas celebrations.

Hilda said...

That's such a fun way to celebrate a beautiful community. Congratulations to everyone who participates in your garden!

Diana Bauman said...

What a wonderful day and a beautiful gift! Such a blessing to be involved in a community garden, I enjoy it as well :D Thanks so much for linking up to Simple Lives Thursday.

EG Wow said...

Now that DOES look like fun! I like the idea of giving away tree. Very eco-friendly.

Lily Hydrangea said...

I love the idea of Christmas in July. This is wonderful.

localfoodiefight said...

Thank you for finding and commenting on my blog :) So good to see people getting together and having fun with local food growing :)

Doug Stephens said...

cute pics

Jingle said...

beautiful and festive!

Abundance Yeah said...

Hi
Like really like this blog. Following you from the blog hop.
http://abundanceyeah.blogspot.com/2010/09/many-flavors-of-salsa-jalapeno-carrot.html