Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sharing at Community Garden

Am so enjoying being part of growing food together at my community garden. This week has been a busy one as we prepare for our first year celebration, Xmas in July on July 25th. The Gold Coast Mayor is coming and local community support and interest is exciting.

Meanwhile my own patch thrives, below one of my well eaten broccoli, a strawberry runner and lettuce.


Here a self seeded marigold keeps away pests, beside a self seeded basil protecting the tomatoes.



My neighbor has put up a wire divide and on my side I'm growing a lavender hedge. It's smell confuses bugs. The small lettuces are foundlings from the garden and Ceylon spinach climbs the pole beside purple kale.


This area contains brussel sprouts, rainbow chard, broccoli and I think it is a kale? Planted both a heirloom kale and broccoletti when it was really a little hot and not sure which grew. Still hoping it is a broccoletti.


This is the park behind the garden with a load from a tree lopper to be recycled on our soil.



7 comments:

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Lookin good. I see salads in your future.

Maureen said...

Hmmm...ceylon spinach, I've never heard of it. Must look it up.

Beth said...

The broccoli looks good! The rabbits are eating ours. I need to try a marigold. Enjoy your garden, everything looks fantastic!
Beth

21st Century Housewife© said...

Your garden is looking great, and it is so nice to see folks using organic pest control like marigolds and lavender. It's so much better for both us and the planet!!

Debbie said...

Growing good, all your little plants must like where they are because they look super healthy.

Billie said...

Great looking garden!

Linda said...

Your garden looks great! I wish I could get lavender to grow that well. I have such a hard time with it. Any tips?

Thanks for linking with Saturday on the Farm!