Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Simple Sustainable Bathroom

When I brought my old hardwood house the bathroom and toilet were two tiny cramped rooms and an old linen cupboard was where I now have the shower.

Photobucket

Now I have a spacious open no frills bathroom. Photobucket

Standing in the shower without walls is just like being outside. It feels liberating.



























Photobucket

Without a separate toilet the bathroom area seems much larger.

Photobucket

A few special magazines for a quiet moment.

Photobucket

Another view of the vanity area. Shells from the sea

Photobucket

and plants to allow the room to breath.

I just love being in my new bathroom. It feels so fresh and airy.

No chemicals in this bathroom either. With a good air flow have had no mold and the cleaners I use are baking soda, white vinegar, and eucalyptus oil.

It was exciting renovating my home and trying out my own ideas but it did take some time to find the right bathroom furniture.

I am not very good at ideas but when I find items that are exciting I can work towards putting them together.

Renovations always seem to be a balance between concepts and budgets and I was lucky enough to find items that were stock clearance which considerably reduced costs.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I LOVE this bathroom! Especially the open shower! So luxurious! Wonderful job!

Ann said...

Lovely bathroom. I see that you have trim off the ends of the spiderplant. Did they get brown?

Greenearth said...

Hi Ann thanks for your question, yes the ends of the spiderplant did go brown.