Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sustainable Food Garden Evolves

As my sustainable vegetable evolves I am discovering the importance of `dirt'.

Without strong rich dirt food lacks the nutrients to grow.

My garden is no longer the tame, ordered garden of my first efforts as my focus becomes building nutrient rich dirt.


The richness of the soil in which my food is growing is currently being built up with mulch, plant matter and and manure.

Compared with the same soil last year this earth now has texture and density to retain water and nutrients.


It is such a growing curve learning to produce quality food, and seem to learn something all the time. The red flowers above are from a herb I was given and are edible. If anyone knows its name please let me know.

Trying out new plants and foods is an added joy of creating a garden.

9 comments:

Boom Nisanart said...

So agree with you and great garden : )

Everyday Melbourne
Everyday Shot
Everyday Mr Puddy

farmingsweetbay said...

Wow, that's some good-looking dirt! i'm working on the same thing in my garden- starting from scratch with depleted soil. Good luck in your soil fertility adventures!

Jo said...

Great lookn' garden,I know it produces some delish foods!Thanks for sharing.
-Jo
-LazyonLoblolly

Donnie said...

I love to get my hands dirty in such rich soil. Thanks for sharing.

Jo said...

I've been looking at all your art/paintings,just absolutely wonderful..Do you sell?
-Jo
-LazyonLoblolly

Greenearth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greenearth said...

Thank you for your interest in my images Jo. Yes I am open to enquires about my works. They can be made through my my art site.

crunchy mom said...

Your soil looks beautiful - thanks for sharing it over at Simple Lives Thursdays!
xo, Sustainable Eats

daphne sy said...

your soil looks so healthy. . perfect! super like the garden. Congrats=0

my hub, hope you can visit