Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sustainable Garden After the Rain

The heavy rain has cleared this morning and my sustainable gardening efforts are showing results.

Sustainable gardening is new for me and I watch to learn how weather and soil additions affect the growth of my plants.

Before the rains started and it has rained heavily for about a week I had added lime to my garden and about a week before that blood and bone.

Now I can see the results in flowers and growing fruits.







The nectarines are growing plumb and the avocado tree I thought was dead has burst forth with blossom.





The passionfruits have many flowers and new fruits.









The paw paws are getting heavy and  starting to ripen.








Even the mandarin planted just a few months ago has the beginnings of fruit,





and calendulas have self seeded amongst the vegetables.





11 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I so enjoyed seeing your unusual plants!!! Thank you for sharing!

Jessica said...

So lush and fresh!!! :)

Jessica
http://craftily-ever-after.blogspot.com

Bobbi Janay said...

Wow, me and my black thumb could never do that.

Stopping by from Making my home sing.
Bobbi Babbles http://bit.ly/9GzrG8

momstheword said...

I love seeing green plants and sunshine in the blog world when we have rain and cold over here in my world.

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Jean said...

Wonderful results! Very interesting plants. Thanks for sharing . Jean

eileeninmd said...

You have a wonderful garden, thanks for sharing.

HollyC said...

What a beautiful garden! I wish I had that talent...it is a talent! Thanks for sharing and Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
~Holly

Kim, USA said...

The fruit of labor and the help of mother nature is awesome!!
The Lake

Donnie said...

I love your Outdoor Wednesday photo. Beautiful plants.

Pixie Gas said...

Beautiful photographs.

Jami said...

This is good inspiration to get me out in the garden to help the soil along- Thanks!

-Jami
An Oregon Cottage