Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Journey Towards Sustainable Artworks


My artwork is undergoing a metamorphosis.

My earlier images were different in technique and conception.

The journey towards a simpler, more sustainable lifestyle is reflected in my new images which I plan to develop further next year.

The adjacent work is painted using clay paint with non toxic pigment on a recycled dartboard. The dartboard needed to be stripped down to create surfaces on which I could work.

The details below show the richness and texture of the clay paint.

The pigments used in this paint are non toxic so a big plus for the environment.

Also no VOC's are off gassed which as a breast cancer survivor I have learned is an important consideration in creating sustainable environments.







The outside of the dartboard uses texture and color to reflect the soil .

Words were floated through words which reflect my new understanding of our precious earth.










5 comments:

gardenwalkgardentalk.com said...

So much thought. Very beautiful work.

momstheword said...

Oh that's cool! I didn't know that you had painted it. I love all the bright colors and that it's recycled. Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Carol said...

I love your old work and your new more primitive style. Very lovely and meaningful . . . I wish to find out more about these clay paints. I paint with water soluble oils . . . thinking they are non toxic for the planet and myself but I wonder now. Congratulations on your new journey. Your painting is like a sustainable paradise. Beautiful!

Greenearth said...

The clay paint is from a local Australian company that is developing this product.

Rambling Woods said...

I wonder about the effects of all the oil paints my Mother used from the time I was a baby..probably not good....I love you green work....