Monday, December 20, 2010

Nature's Food Designs





A walk around my garden fills me with  Christmas spirit.


Knowing it is evolving in harmony with nature is a wonderful feeling.

It is something I have created and it at one with our planet.


The frangipanes grown from cuttings from an about to be demolished tree are now adding beautiful flowers to my soil.




Here the frangipane tree gives sun protection to the beans and its flowers are  beautiful jewels against the mulch.






This pepper almost camouflaged amongst its leaves has its own fresh shining beauty.













A frangipane flower has fallen beside the red dandelions I love to have with all my salads.




Dandelions are wonderful for the liver and kidneys.










I can't believe how quickly this ginger is growing.


It has grown from the garden scraps I dug into the soil to add body and fiber.























Wish I knew the name of this wonderful nutty cress that has grown from a cutting given me from the Community Garden .


I eat this daily cut up and thrown raw on the top of steamed vegetables with organic olive oil and a touch of sea salt.







Basil is one of the best growers in my garden.


Look forward to making some basil pesto for holiday guests.


5 comments:

Donnie said...

Lovely photos. Nothing beats the beauty of fresh foods.

Ann Kroeker said...

Beautiful and healthy--yum! All that freshness is making my mouth water. We're in the deep, snow-covered cold of the American Midwest...only dreaming of all that greenness! :)

Rambling Woods said...

It does look so yummy...Michelle

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Your ginger leaves look so lush and green. I thought it was tumeric at first.

Dave Velasco said...

Food designing has always been a part of enjoying food and the art of it. But - maintaining proper food handling saves the days when it comes to food. That's why a lot of food handlers need to get their legal and accredited food hygiene certification courses or training to ensure safety on the foods that they prepare.