Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Community Garden Survival Foods



It is very hot and many gardeners at the Community Garden are leaving their soil fallow but there are still plants that continue to grow bountifully in the heat.









This Ceylon Spinach has leaves the size of dinner plates, and the native passion fruit provides sweet passion fruit flavored berries consistently.









The wandering cress seems to be another ongoing success. The leaves have a great nutty flavor.
























From my own patch I continue to get strawberries, tomatoes, ceylon spinach, beans, carrots, shallots and my very special white eggplant.




9 comments:

Appalachian Feet said...

I love looking at all the food in your garden. I haven't heard of that type of cress before, it looks gorgeous!

MyMaracas said...

Looks like you have lots of delicious choices in your garden.

Rambling Woods said...

It is so refreshing to see lovely green plants and I am just salivating at the thought.. of course gardens are months away.. Michelle

Leora said...

How wonderful. I love a good homegrown bean.

Donna said...

how wonderful all the great foods you are still harvesting...mmmmm

Darla said...

Just loving seeing all of this green!

Missy said...

I hadn't heard of native passionfruit before. What are the fruit like?

Lloyd Irving Bradbury said...

What a still life they make.

Tootsie said...

what a great garden you have going here! lots of yummy things to eat!
thanks for linking in today!