Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Monday, January 24, 2011

Exciting Food for Breast Cancer Survivors




As a breast cancer survivor I like to eat organic foods, be selective with oils, not consume milk products and where possible maintain a vegan diet.

Finally I have found a cafe where I can relax and select anything on the menu knowing all choices are healthy eating not just for breast cancer survivors but for all.

Three Worlds Organic Cafe at Mermaid Beach  not only has organic food but a generous community garden for extra freshness.



My sister and her partner stayed with me last week and below are the wonderful dishes we each enjoyed.












My main selection was the Pakora Stack and made with besan flour and lots of Indian spices served with salad from Threeworld's Garden and topped with raw mango chutney. The salad dressing was made with Udo Oil a certified organic blends of unrefined seed oils that delivers unprocessed Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids.










My sister selected Falafels served with baby spinach, French lentil toboullie, topped with activated raw nut cream and a raw salsa.









Her partner selected Nachos made with corn chips layered with nut cream and beans.

He is far from a converted vegetarian yet really enjoyed his tasty meal served on papaya leaves from the community garden.

The waitress told us papaya is very good for cancer.

My sister and I tasted the leaves but her partner refrained.



And for desserts we were all very naughty but all desserts were gluten free, made from activated nuts, seeds and inter alia Irish Moss and most were RAW or rawish and served with chocolate, vanilla and coconut vegan icecream.

My sister and I then finished with a cup of delicious `tummy tea' with an edge of liquorice, lemon grass and fennel, while we agreed to chase a coffee latte for my sister's partner downtown  as soon as we had finished. Can't win them all.







6 comments:

Lloyd Irving Bradbury said...

Miss Star took pics of my art on my walls. All 70 of them So many and I live in a small apt. All im PDF for the book I will put 100 in the book I have 15 chapters first draft. But nust go to Va hospital for a nonth. A delay. I will write some pages if they have reader talker computer somewhere.
\
Ur food would taste better tham hospital.
be Cheeery
Artist 2

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

The food look so delicious and the menu is printed in a very cute away. A very fun outing for the family and healthy too.

gardenwalkgardentalk.com said...

I say that dishes serves looked yummy. They were so masterfully presented, like a piece of art on a platter.

Jo Firth, Safe Breast Imaging said...

Thanks for passing on the info. I travel the country, doing a comfortable and non-invasive form of breast imaging looking at the electrical properties of the breast.

This provides useful information on early behavioural changes (often before a lump).

I regularly work on the Gold Coast, so love to hear about gorgeous cafes like this.

Thanxxx

Jo Firth
Safe Breast Imaging
www.safebreastimaging.com.au

Butterpoweredbike said...

Oh, it's so wonderful to have a favorite restaurant to return to time and again to enjoy your favorite treats. Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

J L Health 918-836-0565 said...

I'm very familiar with treating cancer naturally so I'm glad that you've found a favorite place to eat that meets your needs.

Thanks for sharing at the hearth and soul hop.