Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Friday, February 4, 2011

Kombucha and Sauerkraut Workshop with Leah and Katie

;
Fermenting food makes them more alive and able to strengthen your body and immune system.



Katie showed us the secrets of creating the alkalizing drink Kombucha,


She also told us some great ways to use Kombucha not only in your daily diet but as a great brew for social occasions.



The actual Kombucha `mother tea' was greeted with some `strong comments' but all calmed down and saw it for its value as a useful starter.


Below Katie adds the `mother tea' to the brew she had shown us how to create.

A few gasps from all and a new Kombucha brew was underway.

A taste of a previous brew was then has by all with positive comments.

























Next Leah's turn to teach us how to make sauerkraut.



Here she has just put some very special Himalyan salt in a bowl.







And here I am in the glasses busy grating cabbage.




Leah shared with us some great ways to get very special tastes into our sauerkraut, and everyone got very busy filling their jars.


Here is the jar I took home to ferment. Can't wait to taste.




3 comments:

Erik said...

I'm really enjoying your site. Thanks for sharing your Kombucha and cabbage experience. :)

rorytaj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rorytaj said...

Awesome!! Thanks heaps for sharing this! I met Katie at the Permaculture day at three worlds and had her amaazing kombucha! I was wondering if you knew how I could get in contact with her again? I managed to lose her number.. I'm keen for some kombucha and am wanting to promote her products on my website I'm starting to build - www.all-about-whole-foods.com
Cheers, Rory!