Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A True Metamorphosis, Natural Living with John Palmer

























In an idyllic setting in the rain forest John Palmer enabled a group to reconnect with natural living.

This journey began with an exciting meal of bush foods where new foods and concepts were introduced.

The Quandong was one of these bush foods. The nut of the Quandong needs to be boiled before opening to eat, but it has a unique savory flavor and a soft enticing texture.


Next to discover all the plants growing around the house.

We saw how the soil was worked and kept strong and alive for the plants to grow in the intense summer heat.












Next into the forest to discover new foods.


Then back for some more exciting bush foods followed by a lesson on how to build no dig gardens from scratch.



More special herb teas and nut sweets and a special movie then home with lots of exciting new foods to plant. It was hard to say good bye to such a beautiful way of being but it was back home to try and recreate what we had learned.

7 comments:

gardenwalkgardentalk.com said...

This looked like a wonderful place, I can see why it was hard to leave.

Leora said...

No dig gardens? Well, I would love to learn that! It looks like a lovely place.

EG Wow said...

What a terrific experience. I wish I had been there too!

Dirty Butter said...

Were the plants that were heat resistant native, or could they be used out of the tropics?

And yes, I'd be interested in knowing more about no dig gardens!

Want more blog traffic, find lots of interesting blogs and people? Try free ExposeYourBlog.

Greenearth said...

Hi Dirty Butter thanks for your question.

There were a variety of plants suitable for all conditions.

Will think about a future blog on no dig gardens. They are a great concept for opening up new areas for food growing.

AllieMakes! said...

What a beautiful set of pictures! It looks like a great learning experience!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Tootsie said...

thank you so much for linking in this week. sorry I am tardy...I hope you will forgive me and link in again soon. I have very much enjoyed my visit!