Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Community Garden Food


It was harvest the sweet potatoes time in this garden patch at Varsity Vegies.

Now the weather is cooler it has finally become pleasant to garden and Wednesday morning sees a hive of activity in the garden.


My own patch seems to have come to life although this particular tomato bush has provided me with a regular supply of tomatoes all summer.



The Chinese green seeds I threw on my soil are looking good and it is now cool enough for the broccoli seedlings to have come to life.






Seeing the sunlight on the medley of zucchini, chrysanthemums and strawberry plants it all felt good and very bountiful in the garden today.


3 comments:

Donnie said...

You'll be enjoying that bounty soon. Lovely photos.

Barb said...

Wonderful photos - doesn't the sun feel wonderful?

eileeninmd said...

It is wonderful to enjoy your own homegrown veggies. I love sweet potatoes. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter.