Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Monday Morning Varsity Lakes Community Garden


Almost two years on and Varsity Lakes Community Garden is feeling like home for so many garden regulars.

The abundance of food and fruit trees has its own beauty.

The taro in the new swale already looks lush surrounded by lemon grass and pioneer tomatoes and nasturtiums.

A sunny Monday morning brought out many gardeners including myself to nurture their plots.I was excited to see the season's first broccoli forming and the abundance of pak choy that resulted from a randon throwing of packages seeds purchased at a local chinese shop.

With new seedlings starting to show promise it was a great time to compare growing techniques.

I value my garden plot for the many lessons it has taught.

With people from so many different cultural backgrounds a rich sharing of information takes place not only on how to grow foods but also how to prepare new foods.


13 comments:

aimee said...

Hopping by here from Tuesday Train hop. http://aimee-girltalk.blogspot.com

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

That's so cool!!! I love community gardens!

Thanks for joining the Tuesday Train!

AmberFaith said...

Hello! Newest follower from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop! Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get a chance. Have a great week! (:

Amber
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

cajunlicious said...

Hi! Following you from the Welcome Wednesday hop! Hope you visit My Cajun blog and return the follow!
- Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

Jedediah said...

Hmm, broccoli - one of my favourite vegetables! Your garden looks great :)

eileeninmd said...

The community garden is a great idea. Your garden looks great. I stopped in for a visit from Michelle Nature Notes.

Dianne said...

what a lovely garden!!
and so many new friends to meet

Carver said...

Community gardens are such a great thing to have. This one looks so healthy and abundant.

EG Wow said...

I'm sure a few of the gardeners spend a LOT of time in the garden there so it really IS a second home. :)

Rambling Woods said...

Every time I see your posts, I think of how much space we have that would be a possibility for a community garden and how sad it is that all anyone wants here is grass no matter how hard I try to educate...Michelle

Mary said...

Your photos and your spirit are beautiful. I am new to your blog and have taken some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. You have created a wonderful spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

The Sage Butterfly said...

I just love growing food, don't you? It is so rewarding to grow and eat your own food. Great post!

MyMaracas said...

Your garden looks wonderful, so peaceful and well tended.