Friday, August 12, 2011

The Joy of Creating a Food Garden

Photobucket
















These were my paw paw trees newly planted in Jan 2010 and here is the  same area of the garden today.

What a joy it is to create a garden and watch  it grow.

Below are some further new plantings along what is a bare fence and and empty area at the bottom of the garden in the first photo.

The plantings are a cassava, and feijoa and several drumstick trees and a rose apple growing among a selection of vegetables including sweet potatoes and flowering tomatoes.

I am so looking forward to when these plants grow and are producing fruit and food.





5 comments:

Cassy said...

Right- it's nice to plant fruit tress and veggies in our backyard.

Good harvest awaits.

Cassy from Guitar Made Easy

Riet said...

It is lovely to grow your own fruit and vegetables,nice photo's

Tina said...

It´s nice to have a garden and eat what you have plant :)

Rambling Woods said...

I so enjoy visiting your blog to see what is growing and what has been done...

momstheword said...

I think it would be so exciting to plant a garden and then reap the benefits of it! I keep saying I am going to do it and someday I will!

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!