Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Urban Agriculture Flourishes at Gold Coast Permaculture, 270 Ferry Rd




After the morning workshops on `organic pest control' and `sprouting and raw foods' it was time to harvest some of the wonderful food growing at 270 Ferry Rd.

It was just a joy to be among such abundant and strong food growing in newly created soil.

It is an inspiration to know what can be achieved when the earth is brought back to life in the middle of a busy city.
As I attend the weekly workshops I have so enjoyed watching the progress of this very special site.

A great team of people are working together to establish an example of successful urban agriculture.

Soil is being created using permaculture methods that include products that would otherwise be dumped.

Weeds dredged from the local canals and mulch from felled trees are brought in by the truck load and used to create the nutrient rich earth earth that creates strong, healthy crops.


10 comments:

ashok said...

Beautiful blog with beautiful green pursuits even in an urban setting!

Fernando Pessoa said...

Wonderful writing style,what a great blog.

David Tangye said...

Excellent post and pics, as always, Winsome.

The Sage Butterfly said...

What a lovely place filled with goodies! A few weeks ago I planted my fall crops, and I am looking forward to them being as big and full as these in your photos.

Luisa Move said...

That garden is a piece of heaven and the pictures are awesome!

Moving Service

DanyMove said...

Oh, this garden looks just like a piece of paradise, I wish I could have the same!
Moving

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Now THAT is some serious gardening! I plan to make top of the ground gardens this Spring. Nothing so grand..but I think it will be fun and I have missed having my own little garden.
Keep posting photo's.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

p.s. My daughter is in such a workshop and having the time of her life and learning so much.

Rambling Woods said...

It is an inspiration and so important for the younger generation to learn also...Michelle

Admin said...

great blog, love it aa moves