Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Monday, February 13, 2012

Do You Need Natural Supplements???

Do we need to take natural supplements?

I wish the answer to this question was no, but the world in which we live is far from perfect and each of us is lives in this world.

I wish no one used pesticides, I wish all air was clean, I wish there were no plastics, I wish our world was toxin free and we could all eat  organic,  fresh food from mineral rich soil.

As a breast cancer survivor I have done all I can in my own home to create a healthy, chemical free environment but in contemporary living no home is an island.

Toxins present from a multitude of sources are a factor in creating the bad estrogens which increase the risk of breast cancer.

One of the  things I take regularly to combat the effect of these environmental toxins is chlorella.

Chlorella was something I discovered last year when I went to holistic dentist. He recommended I take chlorella to assist in the removal of mercury from my system.

Taking chlorella  made me feel more energized and I researched it further to discover it not only cleansed the body but had the ability to rejuvenate cells and aid the immune system.

I now take chlorella daily.

I work steadily on creating change in my own environment but chlorella adds to my ability to cope in the reality of the wider world I encounter daily.

I wish none of us needed natural supplements but today our world is far from perfect and we all need at some time to take some of  the many great supplements currently available.


6 comments:

The Sage Butterfly said...

I wish we did live in a toxin free world. I have taken supplements since I was 15 and researched their benefit on health. As I have gotten older, my morning supplements have increased, but I think I am doing the best thing for my health. I hope I am. It seems as if there is conflicting information here and there. Only time will tell, but I am 52, healthy, and on no medication. And I feel better taking care of my health in this manner vs. any other way. I really believe in the body's ability to heal. And I want to help it along as much as I can.

Greenearth said...

`I really believe in the body's ability to heal. And I want to help it along as much as I can.' You have expressed this so well `Sage Butterfly'. I come from the same place, and believe we all need to learn to listen to our bodies and help them along as much as we are can.

soho stitch said...

Thank you Green Earth. I have a sister who is dealing with the toxic spin off from her fillings. I will tell her about Chlorella.

Rambling Woods said...

I wasn't familiar with this either. I do take supplements that are specially compounded for me as ordered by my immunologist for my particular needs. I think we all need to learn more about this kind of thing..This is an important post. Thank you...Michelle

Rebekah Daphne said...

I agree... I'd love to get all my nutrition from my food, but in a world full of toxins, we often need some extra help! I take a B complex and Omega-3 supplement, and right now I'm on a high dose of alfalfa for thyroid issues. We shouldn't run to pills immediately but they can be very smart options.

A Joyful Noise said...

This is one I need to secure. Years ago I had all my silver fillings removed and replaced with white or some crowns. I take cod liver oil each night before bed to help with my joints. My barber suggested horsetail capsules to help with my thinning hair. Thank you again for your lovely post!