Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ecostyle Paint, Sustainable Living & Permaculture

It is almost three years now since I began my new sustainable life.

The aspiration was to live a life as free of chemicals as possible and to do this I sold a contemporary apartment and brought an old wooden house.

The big plus of my new home was that it came with land and no garden, a blank canvas to begin the walk towards a sustainable lifestyle.

It felt and still feels a special luxury to be able to create sustainable solutions to all aspects of my home after the array of chemicals used in my apartment block.

One such solution was to paint both the inside and outside painting of my home with Ecostyle Paint.

Using this paint came at no additional cost but after the  painting there was none of that paint smell.

I have found my energy levels much higher living in a house using ecostyle paint both inside and out.

The gardening journey I share on this blog and with the added bonus of a nearby community garden and the friendship of some passionate permaculturalist this has become an ongoing discovery adventure.

Living this new way has even inspired me to paint differently.

My new paintings now use natural paints from clay.

This exert from one of these paintings expresses the joy of living in a way sustainable to our planet.

2 comments:

Dolly @Soulstops said...

Linking from Playdates w/ God...so glad to read that your lifestyle is allowing you to have more energy. Blessings :)

momstheword said...

What a pretty painting! I love all the colors. I didn't even realize they had natural paints.

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!