Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sustainable Living A Beginning



Sustainable living has been my dream and now slowly step by step I am becoming part of this new way of living.

Am I doing it right? I really don't know but I am attempting to make my home simpler and grow my own food.

Above is a corner of my living area, everything of natural materials including the floor which is the house's wooden floorboards.

Some of my paintings can be seen. I now am using paint made from clay.

From my studio window I look down on my food forest. Lots of mistakes here but also some great successes. Slowly more and more of my food is coming from my own gardening efforts.

On the other side of my yard the old clothes line allows washing to dry in the wind and sun.

No shower wall for in the bathroom but plants catch excess water and keep the air clean and fresh.

So much still to do but it does feel good to be attempting to find new simple ways in harmony with our planet.

4 comments:

momstheword said...

What a beautiful backyard you have and I love all the bright colors in your home. Also love how you are working towards your dream of sustainable living. Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Wow, everything is sooooooooo beautiful. I adore your back yard space. I am loving this fabulous post. Would you mind sharing this inspirational post at our WIW linky party. Hope to see you there!

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Kalista said...

The idea of growing my own food dates back from the times when I used to live with my grandparents, when children and be able to eat straight from our backyard. Nothing can be compared to the taste of the home-grown vegetables or fruits, so I am totally understanding your wish to acheive the sustainable way of living, I am aiming towards too.I love the way you made your living areas and am with you on that one! Love your blog and great design as well!
Moving Company

Viиicius Silvα said...

I'm following your blog, check out mine too, and its possible follow me http://blogoficialdovinicius.blogspot.com.br