Sunday, June 3, 2012

Art, Breast Cancer, Healing, Sustainability & Permaculture

 My new home started as a way to recover after a third breast cancer.

I wanted to live simply and in a way more in harmony with the needs of our planet.

My earlier posts have shared this journey.


It has been an exciting journey with not only my new sustainable home but also so much to learn from the local community garden and inspirational permaculturalists.

One aspect of the journey I did not expect was that my creativity would return.

I graduated in Fine Arts and taught art for many years before working professionally as an artist.

My art career however slowed as I concentrated on staying well during the second and third breast cancers.

My artwork however was a saving grace at many times and now it has reemerged with a different quality as my healing proceeds.




5 comments:

Debra said...

Such beautiful art! I'd glad to hear you got your creative mojo back! And I hope you have fully recovered. ~ Blessings

Debra said...

*I'm* glad ;)

Liz - Imageremix said...

I hope you are feeling good and staying strong.
Liz

Greenearth said...

Thank you both for your comments.

Last tests all clear and told to keep on doing whatever I am doing.

momstheword said...

What a beautiful gift to come out of a difficult time for you. I love all the bright, happy colors that you use.

My brother's cancer returned and he is currently fighting cancer for the third time as well, and during a previous chemo battle he discovered his love of cooking shows.

He thought it was pretty funny that he watched cooking shows while sick with the nausea, but he was dreaming about all the things he'd cook when he felt better. Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!