Friday, June 22, 2012

Brazilian Spinach, Lebanese Cress, Society Garlic & More for Dinner from Community Garden Plot




For dinner tonight a plate of fresh greens straight from my community garden plot.

Knowing the food is strong and fresh, no chemicals and grown in a soil  enriched by my own labor is  rewarding.

My plot always has a somewhat wild look but there is always something for dinner.

 Tonight will lightly steam steam the Brazilian spinach and Chinese greens.

I will also be having a piece of tuna  and will lightly sear the tuna with some of these little cherry tomatoes.

Some steamed sweet potato and a salad from the remaining greens will complete my meal.

Drizzled with organic olive oil and fresh lemon juice it will be a fresh alkalizing meal thanks to my community vegetable plot.

 This post is part of Fight Back Friday.

3 comments:

Recipe world said...

So nice to see these garden fresh veggies! Very nice garden you have..
Thanks for leaving a lovely comment at my space :)

Cheers!
Vani

Ongoing Event: Love Lock With Juices & Milkshakes

Itin Bique Calvo said...

Are these tomatoes or cherries?

Greenearth said...

They are cherry tomatoes, very sweet and delicious.