Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Subtropical Food Forest Springs to Life



Spring is emerging in my new subtropical food forest.

Many of the trees are fruiting for the first time.

It is exciting to see the rewards of effort especially as the weather has been so dry this winter and a lot of watering and soil enrichment has been required.

The mulberry tree is just a joy and gives a generous feed each time I water my plants.

The pigeon peas have produced a bountiful crop, and the tamarillo and feijoa trees have their first blossom and fruits.
     
I tasted my first rose apple just last year and was excited to discover it was the same tree I received from the local council  at the tree giveaway to celebrate the beginning of the local community garden.

Now I am also excited to see what beautiful blossoms a rose apple tree produces. It is fruiting for the first time after three years of growth.

The little lemon tree was also a council giveaway but has struggled since it was first planted and I have moved it several times to try and find a spot where it will thrive.

Finally it has found its home, is coming back to life and has its first spring buds.


No comments: