Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Friday, December 7, 2012

More on the Fire Beside My House

Sharing more media coverage of the fire beside my house as I come to terms with the realities of that night.

The burnt house has already been removed and the tall tree in the video.

Next week it will be my garden that is cleared and soil replaced, then a cleaning team will work on my house.

Next year a new beginning.

My friends at Gold Coast Permaculture have offered to help  plan a new garden and will organize a permablitz for the rebuilding.

One thing I dream of is to plant herbs on the verge for all to share. It was such a powerful night and everyone  so brave and kind, I want a public tribute to all these special heroes.

Will need to follow up with my local council to get permission.

But for now one step at a time.

Ready now to go back to my house but not allowed till all is cleared and safe.



"I've been a police officer for 44 years and I have never seen a fire like that in my life."

No comments: