Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Community, Food and Sustainability


The support of my local community garden after the dramatic fire that almost engulfed my own home has been so valued.

Many gardeners shared food from their plots with me and I was able to also harvest from the common areas.

The time to reconnect to this community was valued and I now try to contribute each week.

This garden was established at the same time as my own home and has taught me so much about the reality of creating food to share.

The plate above is fresh organic food picked from the garden after this week's shared working time.

Living sustainably is my aspiration but I know not everyone has the gift of a local community garden.

For those of you wishing to begin the adventure of sustainable living but not being sure where to start Sustainable Baby Steps. offers great ideas for becoming part of the solution not the problem.

 This post is part of Fight Back Friday.

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

This is a great resource and I am signed up..thank you.. Michelle