Original artworks sharing my journey available at Art Lovers Australia

Friday, March 29, 2013

Why the New GMO Legislation is Disturbing???

The new GMO legislation means federal courts in the US will not be able to halt the sale or planting of GMO or GE crops and seeds, no matter what the health consequences.

This is disturbing.

I remember living in an apartment block  where Roundup and other pesticides were an accepted way of life.

I tried to create change but finally knowing ears were closed I decided to live the new way of life I share on this blog.

But my apartment took three years to sell and during that time I developed a large ovarian cyst, had my ovaries removed and was treated for  a third breast cancer.

But I got out alive and was able to begin again.

There was a cancer death from both the the ground floor apartments in this block and each of the apartments above had someone with a hormonal cancer. Another resident developed an ovarian cyst at the same time mine developed and required surgery.

No studies were done, but for me a powerful picture was emerging of a need for change.

Now legislation is allowing no controls over GM Crops over 75% of which are are engineered to tolerate herbicides.

Roundup, the herbicide for which most GM crops are engineered is based on the chemical glyphosate, the same chemical used in Agent Orange.

Laboratory and epidemiological studies confirm that Roundup and glyphosate pose serious health hazards, including endocrine (hormone) disruption, DNA damage, cancer, birth defects, and neurological disorders.

Some of these effects are found at low doses such as residues in food and feed crops and contaminated water.

People eating food from GM crops could be ingesting potentially dangerous levels of Roundup residues.

My personal experience trying to create change in an apartment block where people were not open to change I now see reflected on a much wider stage and it leaves me very, very disturbed.



This post is part of Fight Back Friday.


1 comment:

Iqbal Hossain said...

Hi I love your blog your posts are amazing !!! go check and subscribe

this is my blog
Meditation Blogs
Another Related Sites
Fact About Cancer
Relaxation Meditation